About Me

My photo
I'm just a country girl trying to find my way in life.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thought for the day..... Random acts of kindness.

Yesterday, while cruising around on Pinterest, I found a blog post about 45 random acts of kindness a lady and her kids did on her birthday. Some of these acts included leaving a thank you note and Girl Scout cookies in their mailbox for their postman. They also left a couple dollars in the toy section of a dollar store, took flowers to a hospital floor and handed them out, and took cookies to their local fire station!

This really inspired me to do random acts of kindness everyday! So today starts "Kara's RAK Campaign". My first RAK will be to hand write a thank you card to my work area secretary. This lady (I will call her Sue...clearly not her real name) works very hard to send out group e-mails, book meetings, order our department supplies, and general put up with all crazy people in my department including me. (Fun fact about myself... I LOVE surprising people, so this will be a lot of fun for me!) Of course I'm not limiting myself to just one act a day. I would really like to do a RAK a minimum of twice a day. With that said, I think my second RAK for the day will be take some sort of food to a local fire department this afternoon.

When I think of RAK, I can't help but think of how Jesus feels about showing love towards others.


A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”


This verse reminds me that to be more like Christ, I need to show my love for all more openly. After all, Jesus loved us so much he died for our sins.

I will keep you posted on how my RAK go and hopefully this will inspire you to share the love with others!

-Kara


1 comment:

  1. And you brought a bag of apples to some hungry people at the hospital! Thank you so much for doing that. I saw the same article and am ready to do my thing too. Love you.

    ReplyDelete