About Me

My photo
I'm just a country girl trying to find my way in life.

Monday, November 21, 2011

On your mark? Get ready! Set.... GO!!!

Today was my starting day for running! This day was a monumental not only because I ACTUALLY started running, but I ran in nasty weather (rainy and slick pavement). If you know anything about me, you know I HATE nasty weather. Of course I didn't run 5 miles on my first day. To be honest... I didn't even run a mile and I am ok with only running .75 of a mile. (Hello! Its my first day running!) And of course I walked some. I found a slow pace and pushed myself. When I needed to slow down, I walked at a pretty fast pace. Though it took me thirty minutes to complete, I am proud of myself! I just have to keep pushing myself and remembering that I'm not going to be a marathon runner overnight. As for tomorrow, my goal is to complete a mile run/walk.

I have found something that I would recommend to all those out there that are trying to become a runner or just trying to get fit. It's called Nike+.

You can buy Nike+ at Target, Walmart, etc. or you can download the app to your iphone. The program tracks your mileage, time, plays your music randomly and much more! It defiantly makes keeping track of your workout much easier.

Good luck to those of you who are starting to run! You can do it!!

-Kara


No comments:

Post a Comment